About the job
Position Description:This position is responsible for CMM operation using PC DMIS Software to accomplish and perform the dimensional inspection of manufactured Aerospace and Aircraft Engine product under the direction of the Lead CMM Programmer as well as assists with other duties/responsibilities as assigned. Verifying the conformance to customer engineering Drawings/Specifications/Standard specifications. Performing first piece, incoming, in-process, and final inspection, and reporting results in a manner which fully describes the disposition of component part, sub-assembly, or finished product as required.
- Ability to perform dimensional inspection and part measurements, such as length, height, and distance between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, verniers, dial indicator, profilometer, comparator, height gages, pin gages, plug/thread gages, radius gages to ensure product meets the requirements
- Experience with operating CMM’s using previously generated PC DMIS CMM programs with detailed work instructions, the ability to create basic CMM Programs using PC DMIS CMM Software a plus. These CMM programs contain detailed work instructions for the product set up, orientation, and part process and characteristic accountability.
- Solid ability to interpret Engineering Drawings/Specifications/Standards and obtain part design information, to include a good understanding and knowledge of GD&T, ANSI-Y14.5, PWA 360 & PWA 79360.
- Review and verify inspection and measurement results of parts for compliance, ensuring that only acceptable product moves to the next operation.
- Review and verify inspection results of product for compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Ability to collaborate, cooperate and work within a team environment as well as work independently as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities while maintaining proper attention to detail.
- Ability to operate a Manual CMM a plus.
- Reports to Quality Manager and works with appropriate functional Engineering and Manufacturing areas to disposition and or resolve discrepancies.
- 5+ years Aerospace/Manufacturing Quality inspection experience.
- 2+ year’s of working knowledge and experience with GD&T, ANSI Y.14, PWA 360/79360 drawing interpretation
- 2+ year’s experience operating a CMM.
- Any experience programming CMMs using PC DMIS a huge plus.
- Familiar with ISO9001/AS9100 a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite, Excel, Word, and Adobe, etc.
- Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S Citizen or a U.S Permanent Resident